- Business Intelligence (BI) Systems
- Cemetery and Funeral Director Management System
- Construction and Project Management
- Customer Relationship Management
- Enterprise Resource Planning
- Financial Management
- Information Media and Telecommunications
- Professional Services
- Retail Trade
- Supply Chain Management
- Warehouse Management
- Raving Fans
- About Us
- Contact Us
Sage 300 ERP - Project and Job Costing (PJC) Part 1
By Enabliser Aggyey
Sage 300 ERP Project and Job Costing (PJC) module is a project management module to assist organisations in developing plans, estimates, assigning resources to tasks, tracking progress, managing budget, costing, billing and analysing workload so that Work can be delivered on time and be in budget and be more profitable. For an organisation where Project Managers are spending too much time on tracking their projects and related activities then it would be a wise choice to go for Sage 300 ERP Project and Job Costing (PJC) module. The benefit will not only that all Project Managers will able to track and maintain their projects at a central place but also get lot of added advantage in term of budgeting, estimating, allocate resources, cost and billing to name but a few. Not only it will eliminate the time spend by Project Managers to track projects they are working on but also it will help to consolidate all projects the company is working, so consolidated reporting can be generated, hence provide an eagle eye to the decision makes so that better decision making can be made.
Sage 300 ERP PJC assists to maintain categories that are easily customised to meet virtually any specification needed, it is flexible enough to manage large or small projects for any business environment. Featuring streamlined integration with key Sage 300 ERP modules and extensive custom reporting capabilities, Project and Job Costing puts you in control of project costs with better tracking, enhanced efficiency, and greater accuracy.
With PJC you can:
• Keep track of committed against actual costs with Purchase Order integration.
• Set up, track, and maintain jobs at multiple levels of detail.
• Quickly assign staff, material, subcontractors, equipment, miscellaneous items, and overheads to each project within each job.
• Track and bill inventory items by contract, project, or category as well as by cost types.
• Track and bill equipment usage by contract, project, or category.
• Empower employees to easily manage their own time and billing records using an Internet browser anywhere.
• Manage and track time spent by people on various projects.
• Mix and match accounting methods to fit any job or project from very complex to very simple.
• Automatically generate invoices based on the transactions that are due to be billed.
• Easily review contract or project changes and instantly update revenue and cost estimates.
• And Much More!!!
PJC Module integrates seamlessly with other key Sage 300 ERP system modules like Purchase Order, Accounts Receivable and General Ledger. This will insure that you can control your job revenue and cost with PJC more effectively and efficiently.
In nut sell you can keep your eye on the bottom line with extensive, robust analytical capabilities. With Project and Job Costing, you can track retention, calculate overhead, gauge profitability, and access numerous analytical reports. At the micro-level, you’ll be able to spot errors, inconsistencies, or overages before you’ve sent the final bill. And at the macro-level, you’ll be able to understand what kinds of jobs tend to earn you the highest margin, which kinds of jobs are draining your resources, and why.
To be continued …